VALCHROMAT is an innovative product from Investwood, Portugal that combines the natural features of wood with the brightness of colours and, by virtue of its unique flexibility, allows unlimited applications.
Valchromat is not MDF. It is an evolution of the MDF and is clearly superior to colored MDF. The added value of Valchromat comes not only from colour but also from its distinctive composition and manufacturing process. It is a wood fibre panel coloured throughout, where fibres are coloured individually, impregnated with organic dyes and bonded together by a special resin which gives Valchromat unique physic and mechanical features.
It is a revolutionary and exclusive product, used and appreciated by architects, designers, decorators, carpenters from all over the world. All wood used is FSC certified and is sourced from waste, residue from timber mills, pine and recycled pine. Valchromat allows several easy solutions for use and assembly and saves time & money.
By virtue of it’s unique composition and manufacturing process, Valchromat has unique features and advantages :
- Colored throughout which makes repair of damaged and scratched surfaces by simple sanding and refinishing.
- On the surface small wood fibres are visible, fibres which did not absorb the organic dyes. This peculiarity gives Valchromat its unique and natural look. Because wood, it’s main raw material, has natural variations in tonality, Valchromat can also show variations in colour. .
- Easy to machine as it’s 30% stronger than the standard MDF due to the addition of special resins in the composition. It also has a high load and bending resistance. .
- Saves time and money in finishing due to the solid surface nature of the material, which can be easily finished with wax, oil or acrylic.
- It does not require the use of paint or edge bandings on edge because of the color prevailing through its entire thickness. .
- All the wood used in the manufacturing is FSC certified, and the product has PEFC &EI certification as it is non toxic. .
- Valchromat is moisture resistant and is also available in fire retardant variant. .
- It is Ideal for 3D routing and CNC design work. .
- It accepts different types of finishing from matte, bright, varnished, waxed or oiled, to textured fire-resistant finishing. PU matt is the most common finish used. .
Size & Thickniss
Size: 400 x 400 mm / 1’4” x 1’4” and 300 x 600 mm / 1’ x 2’
Thickness: 9 to 34 mm as per design
Designs : 17 patterns in up to 5 colors